Sunday, May 8, 2011

Training Day 22 to 25: Getting stronger! It's 5k Month!

It's been a while since I blogged but I have been running! Since the first  time I ran 5 minutes at a time, I am continuing to now run a 5K distance when I can. Whenever I go to the gym, I have tried to run at least 5 min. cycle before taking a break for a minute or two. Doing this cycle has me  running almost an hour to run a 5K. It takes me about 48 minutes running at 4 mph. During one of my runs, I decided to push myself a little faster to see if I could cross the 5k line faster and did it in about 42 minutes. It was hard but I kept on pushing myself. I have found that I am pushing myself to run a little faster and run longer if I listen to my body and not look at the clock.

 On the days I am not making it to the gym, an even better thing has happened...I have gained a running partner, my boy Logan! He is some runner! We ran up and down the block a few times and he didn't even stop running when I walked! He was a great motivator and cheered me up the big hill by my house. It felt great having him encourage me doing something that was challenging for me. He felt so proud also that he could run better than I could but I didn't mind. We found a new way to connect and spend time together! This week, I will be registering for my first 5K as a runner on May 22 so I am going to continue to train myself to do the best I can and try to finish by 45 minutes the longest. That is the goal. With good friends encouraging and inspiring me, I am hoping to do that! Little by little, I am getting there and proud I didn't give up !

No comments:

Post a Comment