Thursday, April 7, 2011
Training Day 17: Back to the treadmill
I know I should be running more outside now that I can see I need lots of practice! But I needed a little boost of confidence so I went to the gym to go back to the treadmill. I was able to run out the 3 minutes each set a little easier than last time (Determination not to fail?...maybe) But now I have a new issue, my poor ankle. It seems to have an arch that turns in and is putting lots of pressure on my ankle. As I was jogging yesterday, I felt the pain increasing but was trying to keep going. Any more excuses to quit is not what I need right now! By the end of the run, I realized this may be a reality. Is it worth it to hurt myself? I don't think so but I really wanted to get to that 5K race! So, as I thought about what to do after the gym, I rested my foot, overanalyzed if it was a stress fracture or simply poor alignment of my ankle and went to bed. The next day, it was like a tiny miracle...my ankle made a miraculous recovery! YEAH! So, I will be off to the gym tomorrow morning before school. Hope to get a good jog in and start to hit that outside trail over the next few days!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment