Thursday, April 14, 2011

Training Day 19: Making progress

Time is my enemy lately. Never seem to have enough of it. This week was parent teacher conferences at night, getting ready for them, sports almost every night-either a game or a practice. Then there is the early morning program I have been teaching. All this has really crimped my sleep/free time schedule. So I have to grap my moment when I can.

One of the boys had baseball practice at the field across the street and my husband was working so I knew no gym today. So I put on my running clothes and shoes, again took the two little kids with their bikes across the way and then headed to the field. With little expectations, I decided to follow them as they rode their bikes and run when I could. After making it up the first hill pushing my daugher on her bike, I started to jog without a clock in my hand. G-man would give me a point to run to and then give me some positive comments (how cute it he). I wound up running so much of the field and the kids actually kept up! We are all growing and making progress! So, I wound up jogging/walking for about 35 minutes and was feeling good. It wasn't a run at the gym where I know I am making progress, but I am getting out there in the real world to run and feel what my body can handle.  My ankle is feeling much better outside also. Maybe that treadmill is not so great for me after all! Back on track next week during spring break when I can recoup my schedule and carve out some more time to run and stay on track.

No comments:

Post a Comment