Saturday, April 2, 2011

Training day 15: Spring into my steps

It is finally spring! YEAH! I am anxious to get myself outside and see how this plane flies! I have spent this past month+ building up my endurance and strength. Along the way, I have given myself some stress relief from having time to myself, deprived myself of sleep but built up my self confidence and reminded myself of the priceless feeling of accomplishing something you feel is challenging for yourself. My last run on Thursday was a hard but good one. I am now pushing myself to jog 3 min at 4mph and 1 min walk. It was definately hard half way through the run, and I thought about making it easier by walking for 2 minutes instead of one. Of course I realized that wouldn't help me get stronger and I knew I would be disappointed that I didn't push myself to do my best even though it was hard. So, I did it with my red tomato face and dripping with sweat. At the end of the 45 mintes, I felt accomplished and a step closer to being able to run my first 5K. I have a first date to aim for..May 22 at Rockland Lake. A nice flat run around the lake with some good friends to join me. Now it's April and I need to really kick it into gear and stay on track...every other day. I think I will keep myself at 3 min. for a few more runs..maybe 3 more until it gets a little easier. Off to my crazy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment