Saturday, April 9, 2011
Training Day 18: Third time is a charm!
That track across the street seems to be laughing at me since I haven't had very successful runs there. I hate that I was letting it get to me so nature gave me a beautiful day to try it again. This time I left the kids home with my husband, hooked up my Ipod and grabbed my phone. I did my stretches and nervously walked over to the field. As I got onto the track, I glanced down at my phone clock and started to jog slowly. As I started to jog, I gave myself little targets to jog to. When I got to the target, I would glance down at my clock to see how much time has passed. I was able to jog the first 3 minutes! YEAH! I continued to jog around following this target, time pattern. When I started to have to jog up a hill, I used a friend's mantra that I could do it.... just go slow. I was up and down hills, keeping to my 3 minutes (sometimes very challenging). My ankle was happy and didn't give me any trouble. When I started to loose my perservance, I would glance at my shadow in front of me and realize I was jogging! Sometimes I would look backwards at how much I covered in 3 min. jog and be amazed at myself. I made sure I had a good song on when I started my 3 min. jogs and kept looking up to the sky and enjoying the gorgeous day! It was amazing to feel the cool breeze when I was getting so hot and checking out the rest of the people at the park definately distracted me. I wound up jogging for 30 minutes and did 3 min jog/2 min walk. Way better than the other 2 times I jogged here. As I thanked God for the strength to do this and for the gorgeous weather! I am feeling inspired again and motivated to keep going...slow but steady!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment