Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Training Day 14: Squeezing it all in

Spring is here..baseball, lacrosse, along with the usual karate and gymnastics classes. So, even though I am getting to do my runs, they are about a day or two apart from each other and my blogging even further. Time seems to be my enemy! I ran Sunday after church and a too big brunch. This morning was supposed to be my next run but I think I will have to go after school since I am teaching a before school math program for a few weeks. I am crazy to squeeze this all into one day. It would be easy to give up this running project and just go back to walking and classes but what fun would that be? Running in races is fun and exciting and something I can do anywhere!

So after church on Sunday, I left the kids home with my husband and went to the  gym. It was nice to not have time pressure like in the morning and I was feeling full of calories after bruch so I had a lot to burn! Since this was my 14th day, I decided to try and run 3 min/ walk 1 min....and guess what! I did it! I found my 3 min. spurts much easier than last time, but I still think my one minute breaks are too short! I barely catch my breath and its time again to run! I ran/walked for 45 min. but this was my longest running session yet, I ran for about 30 minutes! That was double my original first run so I am gettting there very slowly but making progress! The only bad thing is that I felt something pinch in my left ankle near the end of the run but kind of ran it out. Now, two days later, I definately have a sore ankle. Not sure what to do...this would be an easy out since Austen keeps on reminding me that running is not the best sport on the joints..especially for a knobby knee girl like me. (Thanks Nurse Austen!) but I know that runners deal with body issues like hamstring or knee problems, so I feel part of a group with my own "running" injury! But really, what does that mean? Should I wait a day and run tomorrow or just ignore it and push through? I will see how I feel later and give myself one more day if I feel like I need it. Just don't want to go past 3 days without running because I think it will keep me from progressing and I don't want to go backwards.

Just keep aiming for my first 5K on May 22 at Rockland Lake. That's just my first goal...off to "run" into my day!

No comments:

Post a Comment