Friday, March 18, 2011
Training Day 11: It's getting harder..
Today I did my best run yet it was my hardest run so far. I don't know if it was the fact that I skipped a day of training (couldn't get up and day was too busy) or that I had ate and drank like it was my job the night before. So, I climbed out of bed at 4:45 (so dark thanks to Day Light Savings!) and felt proud of myself that I made it to the gym at least. Not many people at the gym that early the day after St. Pat's. But there I was..and I wanted to keep improving and had a lot of calories to burn! So I decided to run 3 min/walk 1 min. First 3 min was ok...2nd 3 min set was a little harder. Each minute inbetween that I walked felt like a three seconds but yet the 3 minutes felt like they lasted forever! By the time I got to 20 minutes doing this pattern, I was so red and hot but my heartrate was not too crazy so I kept pressing on but I switched over to 2 minutes inbetween the 3 minutes run. The good news is that I finished my 45 minutes..and I ran the most minutes yet..26 minutes of running in total. So it is slow but steady progress. At this point I look forward to the day 3 seems like no big deal. For now, conquering 3 min/1 min run/walk is my new goal by day 15. Let's see if I can keep going, especially in this nice weather. Maybe time to move it outside? We'll see.. till next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment