Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Training Day 7..Need Inspiration!

I did it!...made it to day 7..13 days ago I started this quest to become a runner but I already feel like running out of the race. Why do I have so much trouble sticking to an exercise routine? As I dragged my butt out of bed, I couldn't find my keys. Time was ticking and I thought about just giving up but I have to say that this blog is keeping me going on my running because it would be easy to say forget it and go back to bed. But I am playing on my personality weakness of caring what people think.  Knowing I would have to get on here and say "I didn't go" is not an option or at least enough to motivate me to get out of bed. I don't even know if many people are reading this or care but I will go with the illusion of it.

So, as I was running today and finding it hard to get my energy up, I started to think about why I am already losing my excitement. It definitely may have something to do with the scale...has hardly budged and I thought I would have at least lost 2 pounds..nothing. A little discouraging. Also, I have hit a plateau already in my running and am not really improving my speed and time in the past two runs. I was hoping today would feel easier but it actually felt harder to push through my minutes. Then I realized the biggest lack of motivation was that I was probably bored. The morning news shows I watch on the treadmill TV are ok but not enough to motivate me to run, especially with all those commercials. So I flipped the channels in between by 2 minute runs and found some of the infomercials about exercise programs they are selling..insanity, my turbo fire, p60 rip...but as I watched them, it reminded me of what I am going for and what I hope to achieve...a strong body that can handle a challenge. So, I began to run a little easier as I saw the body transformations of people who didn't give up...I am not giving up either. I am going to push through this phase of giving up and wanting to try something else and see where it takes me. This is my pattern..I did this with the kids when they were little when I tried a new routine. I used to abandon it within a few weeks if it didn't show amazing results...but that is not life. Nothing great is ever achieved without much enduring (from my sorority days...I think that was the "Motto"..funny to use that again!)  So, I endured another day without quitting...I ran/walked at 4 mph/ 3.5 mph at 2 minutes run/2 minute walk. I did it for 45 minutes which is a 15 minutes improvement from the beginning. Little by little I will do this and try to keep it going.

No comments:

Post a Comment