It was definately harder to get up this morning and get to the gym. But I did it...what motivated me this time? All of the girls out there who are jumping on the bandwagon to get into the race of running. Over the past week, I have received so much feedback online and through phone calls about how many are being inspired to get back into running or my running friends who are giving me great advice to help support me in succeeding. As I climb out of bed, I think of all of them getting up as well, getting on their sneakers and running out the door to steal a moment of health for themselves. Feeling part of a group is a motivating feeling...even if they are not with you physically. Sharing in a common goal really can boost your determination to get out there and be part of it! No one wants to be the one who quit..I certainly don't so all of the words of encouragement, advice and anticipation of being able to run with some of them has gotten me out of bed this morning.
These past few weeks I have been teaching Jayna to ski. Each time we visited the mountain, she took a new step forward...better turns, holding on to the tow rope alone, getting on the chair lift, skiing down the big hill with a leash, eventually skiing down the big hill without a leash! Each time we left, I was so excited for her that she was taking these steps to becoming a skiier. When I think about running, I am trying the same approach. Each time, I am trying to do something better than the time before, even if is something small. So, today I still ran 1:1 run/walk but I pushed my speed up a little from 3.3 to 3.9 over the course of the workout. I also wanted to reach 2 miles today (last time was 1.6 miles). So, I wound up running/walking for 36 minutes today. Baby improvements...longer distance and 3 more minutes running. May not be a lot but a step forward for me to running with friends out of the gym and doing that 5k! Hopefully my scale will start to realize we are doing this and move back down a little and my mouth will cooperate and stop eating everything in sight but that is another blog..Fighting food cravings!? Baby steps..off to run the marathon to get my 3 kids out the door to school!
No comments:
Post a Comment